Samara had her first 'real' dental appointment in October. We got her a "Dora goes to the dentist" book some time ago to help her get an idea of what would happen. We also brought her with us on previous appointments so that she would become more familiar and comfortable with the dentist and cleanings.
Even still, she was anxious on these previous visits - so much so that she wouldn't even sit on the chair!
Needless to say, I was not looking forward to taking her to first cleaning and was bracing myself for a tear filled morning. Much to my surprise, Samara was a champ! If she was anxious at all, she didn't show it. In fact, she was sooo much better than I ever was as a kid.
When the hygienist asked her to open her mouth, she cranked her mouth open so wide that I thought she was going to unhinge her jaw! She never cried, she never freaked out, she was just this calm little patient who was very happy to get a lollipop and toothbrush at the end of it.

1 comment:
What a trooper! Then again, those are cool sunglasses!
Post a Comment