Over the holidays, Samara developed a fever and a cough so we thought a cold or flu and tried to make her comfortable until it ran its course. However, after 5 days, when there was no break in the fever and her temp actually got worse, we decided to take her to hospital.
Turns out she had an ear infection. Poor kid was trying to be so brave - she hardly complained, and took her meds like a champ. We had to give her antibiotics every 8 hours, so when we put her to sleep, she knew we'd have to wake her up 5 hours later and would say "Apba, when you come to give me medicine, I will do this.." and she would open her mouth as wide as she could!
One day on the antibiotics and she was bright eyed, bushy tailed and her old self again! These photos were taken near her worst. She had little energy and felt weak and ill. We completely caved on any rules we had about watching cartoons and let her have all the "Dora the Explorer" she could handle. I download an entire season's worth, and she plowed through those in a matter of days!
Mer and I are both sooooo tired of Dora, but Samara could watch her over and over and over and over and over and over....you get the point.

3 comments:
Poor little Samara. Those pictures are heart breaking. So glad it's all behind her now. So brave.
It must be a Kim trait to take meds so well. Glad she is feeling better.
Grace Says:
You are such a trooper, Samara!!! So brave, so strong... I am so glad that she is better now.
I love you~
Amazing Grace:)
Post a Comment