This has been a winter of firsts for Samara.
We went to Withrow Park for her first toboggan ride. I think she was nervous at first, but all it took was one run for her to exclaim "Can we do it one more time daddy?"
Mer and I helped her to make her first snowman. Admittedly, we used a less orthodox approach - rather than roll wet snow into large balls, we simply shoveled snow into a bid pile and gave it a face!
Samara also tried skating for the first time. We took a roadtrip to Guelph this past weekend to visit Dennis, Mary and their brood. Turns out Dennis had built a small rink in his yard, and had a pair of those skates that you strap onto your shoes. Samara was game so we slapped them on and put her on the ice.
She did well when she tried. We walked around the rink and managed not to fall. However, she was the soon asking "Apba, can I take the skates off now?" and seemed to enjoy spending her time mucking around in the snow, or hanging around the hockey net.
I've included some video for your entertainment.

3 comments:
That snowman reminded me of Jabba the Hut...Hysterical!
Every time your children try something for the first time, it's like experiencing the newness all over again, except with even greater anticipation. Way to go, Samara, for giving skating a try. How many people have their own skating rink? That's awesome!
i love the videos, they are like watching a Hallmark commercial! And I agree with Carol, first thought when I saw that snowman, was Jabba!
Post a Comment